Visitors, makers, volunteers and sponsors –
you made the second annual Minneapolis/St. Paul Mini Maker Faire a success. Thanks for joining us for a day of fun, play and discovery.
A few 2016 makers
New at the faire this year:
- More and bigger installations and projects including a trolley, a giant cube experience and DRONE RACING!!
- Maker Mercantile: stock up on DIY kits, books and other maker gadgets and gear
- Expanded Education Day on Friday, May 13. More than 1,000 area seventh grade students will get a hands-on sneak peek of the public faire
- Great build and play areas by Leonardo’s Basement, The Bakken Museum and the Science Museum of Minnesota for kids of all ages
- Robots, specialty LEGO, cool crafts, custom vehicles — all with the interactive activities and demonstrations that you expect at the faire!
- Learn to solder station with our signature MN Makes badge and LED kit
To stay up-to-date on the 2016 faire, follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook. Subscribe to our newsletter using the form below. Let more people know about the Minneapolis/St. Paul Mini Maker Faire: print and post a flyer at your workplace, favorite coffee shop or community center.
Who or what is a maker?
Maker is a term used to cover a wide range of creative work, projects and hobbies. If you are a tinkerer, coder, woodworker, crafter, farm hacker, artist, student, designer, chemist, roboticist, entrepreneur, scientist, food inventor, metalworker, educator, green technology creator, inventor, corporate designer or bicycle builder, you are a maker!